It was too wet to play.
So we sat in the house
All that cold, cold, wet day." - Cat in the Hat by Dr. Suess
SO...we had time to do this classic!
- Have child sign and date their paper (easier to do first)
- Mix brown paint (if you don't have it, I don't): 1/3 yellow to 2/3 red to dab of blue
- Palate green paint and red paint
- Have child paint their forearm brown and hand green
- Stamp onto appropriate sized paper
- Have child paint their other hand green and stamp in the white parts to fill in
- Have child do finger print stamps of red and/or yellow for apples
SKILLSArt: creative expression, painting
Social: following directions
Science: apples grow on trees
Math: counting apples on the tree, measuring arm length
Check out the other apple theme posts...Apples Theme - Fun Stuff with songs, fingerplays, etc. and Apples Theme with FREEBIES: a pre-writing worksheet and apple anatomy poster to print.
tags: arm, apple, painting, craft, art, stamp, stamping, child, tree, finger, daycare, child, care, childcare, preschool, kindergarten, kid, kids