Thursday, May 8, 2014

Mother's Day Handprint Flower Pots


These turned out SO cute!! Hope the moms like them when they pick them up this afternoon. I couldn't wait to post this, though, so hopefully they won't see this before then.

This is a more substantial gift, but still the same general process as our last year's Mother's Day Card. 


Hopefully they won't notice, but it's just too cute of a process to not repeat.


I bought the pots at Home Depot for under $2 a piece. 


The children did a green hand print for the base on Monday.


Tuesday morning, they did the yellow center finger prints. Even the youngest 2 year old was able to do it with me just holding the pot. 


We let that dry and came back in the afternoon to do the fingerprint petals. This required a little more assistance from me.


I used a silver Sharpie marker to put "Happy Mother's Day 2014" on the hand print.



Wednesday, they still weren't dry. Some of the little ones were a little gloppy in their fingerprints, so I let the pots rest for the day and once the children went home, I sprayed the painting with lacquer. [WARNING: Contact high!]

Thursday, today, we filled and planted and watered.




They looked pretty darling as is, how I planned it, but I'd come across an idea I loved, and decided to incorporate it. Just wish I knew where I found it so I could give proper credit.




I took some mug shots of the kiddos, manipulated them to 1 3/4 inch circles, printed out and laminated. 




They chose a color of cupcake wrapper and glued their pics into the center with a glue stick.



I created some cards to add as well. FREE to download on TPT.



Mother's Day Flower Pot Sign

I printed those out and laminated them, to protect when the moms watered their plants.

The children planted their flowers and signs in with the flowers, to create a finished piece that they are thrilled to have to present to their wonderful mommas. 
Tags: Mother's Day, holiday, craft, art, hand print, hand, print, paint, card, free, download, printable, flower, pot, finger print, finger, gift, present,  preschool, child, care, daycare, childcare, kid, child, mom, 


No comments:

Post a Comment